(Download) ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Practice Exam
Directions: Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow.
Passage: On clear moonless evenings when it is completely dark, you
can sometimes see a faint glow from the horizon. It is called the zodiacal light
as it runs along the zodiac, the constellation through which the planets appear
to travel. This glow is sunlight, reflected off dust particles in the solar
system it is brightest near the sun, so it is best visible after sunset or
before dawn, when the sun is just far enough below the horizon to leave the sky
1. According to this passage the zodiac is a________
a. Collection of sun signs
2. The zodiacal light can be seen only on_____
a. Moonless nights
b. Starry Nights
c. Moonless evenings
d. Alternate days
Directions: Choose the best word from the given options to complete
1. Passing gravy through a ________removes lumps.
2. The politician’s poor behaviour was overlooked because of his ________.
3. The latest novel in the series opened with a _________ of the previous
4. Salt is a __________ ingredient in the preparation of any type of food.
Directions: Each of the questions below is followed by two statements,
labeled (1) and (2), in which certain data are given. In these questions you do
not actually have to compute an answer, but rather you have to decide whether
the data given in the statements are sufficient for answering the questions.
Using the data given in the statements plus your knowledge of mathematics and
everyday facts (such as the number of days in a month), you are to blacken the
box on the answer sheet under:
A. If statements (1) ALONE is sufficient but Statement (2) alone is
not sufficient to answer the question asked.
B. If statement (2) ALONE is sufficient but statement (1) alone is not
sufficient to answer the question asked.
C. If BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the
question asked, but NIETHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
D. If EACH statement is sufficient by itself to answer the question
asked. E. If statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the
question asked and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
1. How much did Seema weigh before she started dieting?
1. She now weighs 63 kilos
2. Seema lost 9 kilos
2. If x and y are numbers, which weighs more: x blue marbles or y red
1. x = 5 y
2. Red marbles weigh 1 gram each
3. Are there more than 200 pages in the book?
1. John reads at 7 pages an hour
2. There are 500 pictures in the book with at least one picture per page
Directions: read the problem statements give below and choose the
answer that best fits as a solution.
1) A & B invested RS 2000 & RS 5000. So if there is a profit of RS 28000 what
is A’s share if they share the profits in the ratio 2:5?
2) If apples are bought at 11 for RS 10 & sold at 10 for RS 11, how much will
be the gain %?
3) Viral can do a piece of work in 10 days & Raja in 15days. If both of them
work together how long will it take to finish the work?