ICICI Bank: Probationary Officers
Written Exam Sample Questions
1. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station
traveling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After traveling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
2 If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
3. There are 5 red shoes, 4 green shoes. If one draw randomly a shoe what is the probability of getting a red shoe
(Ans 5c1/ 9c1)
4 What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned
(Ans: Rs 66/-)
5. 1/3 of girls , 1/2 of boys go to canteen .What factor and total number of classmates go to canteen.
Ans: Cannot be determined.
6. The price of a product is reduced by 30% . By what percentage should it be increased to make it 100%
7. There is a square of side 6cm . A circle is inscribed inside the square. Find the ratio of the area of circle to square.
(Ans. 11/14 )
8. There are two candles of equal lengths and of different thickness. The thicker one lasts of six hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the thicker one. Ramesh lights the two candles at the same time. When he went to bed he saw the thicker one is twice the length of the thinner one. How long ago did Ramesh light the two candles
Ans: 3 hours.
9 If M/N = 6/5,then 3M+2N = ?
10. If p/q = 5/4 , then 2p+q= ?
11. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it the ratio of triangle PQS & parallelogram PQRST . (Ans: 1:2 )
12. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price ?
(Ans: Rs 13.86/- )
13. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes . If two of red shoes are drawn what is the probability of getting red shoes
14. To 15 lts of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 lts of pure water. What is % alcohol.
(Ans : 15% )
15. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full days work. He works 1,1/3,2/3,1/8.3/4 days in a week. What is the total amount paid for that worker ?
(Ans : 57.50 )