(Study Materials) Mental Ability/Reasoning (Verbal) : Blood
What is Blood Relations ?
Blood relation logical problems mainly deal with the hierarchical structure
of a family i.e., grand-parents, parents and children etc. Different
relationships between the family members of different generations will be given.
To solve the questions related to blood relations, the entire family tree has to
be drawn by putting the various relationships.
In such problems, the aptitude of candidate is shown by the knowledge of the
various blood relations. The typical relationships that are commonly used in
blood relation problems are summarized as follows
- Father’s or Mother’s son = Brother
- Father’s or Mother’s daughter = Sister
- Father’s or Mother’s brother = Uncle
- Father’s or Mother’s sister = Aunt
- Father’s or Mother’s father = Grandfather
- Father’s or Mother’s mother = Grandmother
- Brother’s or Sister’s Son = Nephew
- Brother’s or Sister’s Daughter = Niece
- Uncle’s or Aunt’s son or daughter = Cousin
- Sister’s Husband = Brother-in-law
- Brother’s wife = Sister-in-law
- Son’s wife = Daughter-in-law
- Daughter’s Husband = Son-in-law
- Husband’s or wife’s sister = Sister-in-law
- Husband’s or wife’s Brother = Brother-in-law
To develop a blood relation tree, some standard symbols are used in this
chapter to indicate the relationships among the family members. It is not
compulsory to follow them, You can design your own symbols to draw the family
tree quickly and accurately.
Example 4: Pointing to a man. On the stage “Rita said” He is the
brother of daughter of the wife of my husband’. How is the man of stage related