(Paper) Bank PO Model Practice Exam Papers
1. In India, national income is estimated by .
(a) Planning Commission
(b) Indian Statistical Institute
(c) Central Statistical Organization
(d) National Sample Survey Organization
2. Given below are two statements .
Assertion (a) : Powers for conducting elections to the Parliament and State Legislatures in a free and
fair manner have been given to an independent body i.e. the Election Commission.
Reason (R) : Powers of removal of Election Commissioners is with the executive.
In the context of above, which one of the following is correct?
(a) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(b) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true but R is false.
(d) A is false but R is true.
3. Which one of the following motions can the Council of Ministers in India move?
(a) No Confidence Motion
(b) Confidence Motion
(c) Adjournment Motion
(d) Censure Motion
4. Hindu Rate of growth refers to the rate of growth of .
(d) Per capita income
5. Which one of the following is the time limit for the ratification of an emergency period by the Parliament?
(a) 14 days
(b) 1 month
(c) 3 months
(d) 6 months
6. As per recommendations of the Twelfth Finance Commission, percentage share
of States of the
shareable central taxes is?
7. The annual growth rate of the Indian Economy at 1999-2000 prices during 2005-2006 has been estimated between .
(a) 5 to 6 per cent
(b) 7 to 8 per cent
(c) 6 to 7 per cent
(d) 8 to 9 per cent
8. Which one of the following is not an objective of fiscal policy of Indian Government?
(a) Full employment
(b) Regulation of inter-State trade
(c) Price stability
(d) Equitable distribution of wealth and income.
9. How many times has Financial Emergency been declared in India so far?
(a) 5 times
(b) 4 times
10. Which one of the following on the Consolidated Fund of India?
(a) Salary and allowances of the President of India.
(b) Salary and allowances of the Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
(c) Salary and allowances of the Justices of the Supreme Court of India.
(d) Salary and allowances of the Vice President of India.
1. Pipe A can fill in 20 minutes and Pipe B in 30 mins and Pipe C can empty
the same in 40 mins.If all of them work together, find the time taken to fill
Answer is: 17 1/7 mins
2. If 2x-y=4 then 6x-3y=?
Answer is: 12
3. Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day.How many hour
a day should 40 men work to complete the job?
Answer is: 7 1/2 hrs
4. If x=y=2z and xyz=256 then what is the value of x?
Answer is: 8
5. ABCE is an isosceles trapezoid and ACDE is a rectangle. AB = 10 and EC = 20.
What is the length of AE?
Answer is: AE = 10.
6. In the given figure, PA and PB are tangents to the circle at A and B
respectively and the chord BC is parallel to tangent PA. If AC = 6 cm, and
length of the tangent AP is 9 cm, then what is the length of the chord BC?
Answer is: BC = 4 cm
7. Three cards are drawn at random from an ordinary pack of cards. Find the
probability that they will consist of a king, a queen and an ace.
Answer is: 64/2210
8. A number of cats got together and decided to kill between them 999919 mice.
Every cat killed an equal number of mice. Each cat killed more mice than there
were cats. How many cats do you think there were ?
Answer is: 991
9. A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope 7m
long.Find the area it can graze?
Answer is: 38.5 sq.m
10. A boat travels 20 kms upstream in 6 hrs and 18 kms downstream in 4 hrs.Find
the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of the water current?
Answer is: 7/12 kmph
11. Mr. Shah decided to walk down the escalator of a tube station. He found that
if he walks down 26 steps, he requires 30 seconds to reach the bottom. However,
if he steps down 34 stairs he would only require 18 seconds to get to the
bottom. If the time is measured from the moment the top step begins to descend
to the time he steps off the last step at the bottom, find out the height of the
stair way in steps?
Answer is: 46 steps
12. Find the smallest number in a GP whose sum is 38 and product 1728
Answer is: 8
13. A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20ft. tall. Each hour, it hops 3ft. and
slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top?
Answer is: 18 hours
14. The average age of 10 members of a committee is the same as it was 4 years
ago, because an old member has been replaced by a young member. Find how much
younger is the new member ?
Answer is: 40 years
15. Can you tender a one rupee note in such a manner that there shall be total
50 coins but none of them would be 2 paise coins.?
Answers is: 45 one paisa coins, 2 five paise coins, 2 ten paise coins, and 1 twenty-five paise coins
1. The expansion for the BIS, in the context of the banking industry is:
(A) Bank for International Settlements
(B) Bank for Industrial Settlements
(C) Bank for Industrial Sectors
(D) Bank for International Services
2. The expansion for BIFR, in the context of the Indian Industry is:
(A) Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction
(B) Bureau for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction
(C) Board for Investment and Financial Reconstruction
(D) Bureau for Investment and Financial Reconstruction
3. Cash Reserve Ratio ( CRR) and Stautory Liquidity Ratio (SLR ) are terms most closely related to which of the following industries/markets:
(A) Stock Exchange
(C) Mutual Fund
(D) Income Tax
4. Which of the following programs aims at the promotion of savings among rural women?
(A) Rashtriya Mahila Kosh
(B) Mahila Samriddhi Yojna
(C) Indira Mahila Yojna
(D) Javhar Rozgar Yojna
5. Which of the following programs meets the credit needs of poor women?
(A) Mahila Samriddhi Yojna
(B) Rashtriya Mahila Kosh
(C) Indira Mahila Yojna
(D) Mahila Samakhya Programme
6. Which of the following deals with economic offences?
7. Chelliah Committee of 1992 deals with the overhauling of our
(A) public sector undertakings
(B) financial system
(C) tax system
(D) patents and copyrights
8. The terms TRIPS and TRIMS are related to
9. Which of the following taxes is a progressive tax?
(A) Income tax
(B) Custom tax
(C) Sales tax
(D) Excise duty
10.When did Regional Rural Banks start functioning in India?
1.Who is the new Prime Minister of Hungry ?
(A) Victor Orban
(B) Gorden Bajnai
(C) Jeno Fock
(D) Ference Gyurcsany
Answer: Gorden Bajnai
2.Who is the new prime minister of Denmark ?
(A) Anders Fogh Rasmussen
(B) Lars Looke Rasmussen
(C) Poul Nyrup Rasmussen
(D) Poul Hartling
Answer: Lars Looke Rasmussen
3.Who is the Author of the book “My China Diary”
Answer: Natwar Singh
4.Umrao Singh has passed away recently .Which of the following field was he associated with ?
5.Vidya Pillai is related to which sport ?
6.Who has become the first Indian to win two medal in a Shooting World Cup?
(A) Gagan Narang
(B) Sanjeev Bindra
(C) Abhinav Bindra
(D) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
Answer: Gagan Narang
7.Which country has launched a navigational Satellite?
(A) South Korea
(B) North Korea
8.Where will be held the Final of the Cricket World Cup 2011?
9.When is the Commonwealth Day celebrated?
(A) May 1
(B) May 3
(C) May 15
(D) May 24
Answer: May 15
10.What is the full form of PTC ?
(A) Public Transport Certificate
(B) Pubic Telecommunications Council
(C) Products Through Consumer
(D) Pass Through Certificate
Answer: Pass Through Certificate