IBPS-RRBs Officer Scale-I Previous Year Exam Paper - 2014, "Computer Knowledge"
IBPS-RRBs Officer Scale-1 Previous Year Exam Paper - 2014
Subject : Computer Knowledge
1. Another name for a program is
2. ................ is a communications technology used by some incoming mail services.
3. The two basic parts of URLs are
(a) ICP and IP
(b) TCP/IP and ISP
(c) TCP and ftp
(d) destination and device
(e) the protocol and the domain name
4. The primary purpose of software is to turn data into
5. The ........... database is the most widely used database structur
6. Mail from unwanted senders can be blocked by
(a) not buying anything online so that junk mail senders will not having anything to benefit by
(b) sending them nasty replies when they send any mail
(c) using mail filters
(d) clicking the unsubscribe link
(e) e-mailing them and asking to the removed from the list
7. POP denotes
(a) Post Office Program
(b) Post Office Protocol
(c) Protocol on Program
(d) Protocol on Protocol
(e) Program of of Programmer
8. How many gigabytes are there in a petabyte?
9. For a browser to connect to other resources, the location or address of the resources must be specified. These addresses are called
(b) e-mail forms
10. The extensions .gov, .edu, .mil, and .net are c
(a) mail to addresses
(c) domain codes
(e) e-mail targets
11. Software that is actively utilised by end-users (like Word or Photoshop) is called
(b) operating system
(c) system software
(e) application software
12. Using a ............ helps to place an image into a live video conference.
(b) digital camera
(c) video camera
13. Programs designed to perform specific tasks related to managing computer resources are called
(a) operating system
(b) helper software
(c) system software
(d) application software
(e) utility programs
14. A rectangular area on a computer screen that can contain a document, program or messages is referred to as a (n)
15. The storage locations in the internal storage of a CPU are called
(a) reference points
16. Of the following types of computers, which is the most powerful?
(b) Mainframe computer
17. An input device, which can read characters directly from an ordinary piece of paper, is
18. The radian of a number system
(a) has nothing to do with digit position value
(b) equals the number of its distinct counting digits
(c) is more than the number of its distinctcounting digits
(d) is always an even number
(e) is variable
19. Which of the following statements is false?
(a) passwords are case sensitive.
(b) passwords are not echoed on the screen for security resasons.
(c) A good password should be no more than six characters long.
(d) password is a secret code that authenticates a person to the computer.
(e) passwords should be changed frequently
20. The most common method for gaining access to the internet is through a
(a) dumb terminal
(c) provider or host computer
(d) virtual provider provider or computer
(e) point-to-point computer
21. Which of the following is a format for storing and backing up computer data on tape that evolved from the Digital Audio Tape (DAT) technology?
(a) Audio interchange file format
(b) Digital data storage
(c) Virtual tape system
(d) Tape archive
(e) Data aggregation
22. A compiler means
(a) keypunch operator
(b) computer data collector
(c) a person who compiles source programs
(d) a program which translates source program into object program
(e) the same thing as a programmer
23. Specialised programs designed to allow particular input or output devices to communicate with the rest of the computer system are called
(b) action drivers
(d) device drivers
(e) operating systems
24. .......... get transmitted across the web by harmful chain letters and hoaxes.
(a) Flames and infections
25. ATM machines run .......... OS.
(e) open source
26. Moving from one website to another is called
27. In a client/server network, the user's computer is considered the
28. A program that is used to view websites is called a
(a) word processor
(d) web viewer
29. The physical component of a computer that processes data in order to create information is called the
30. An emerging trend is to free users from owning and storing applications by using
(a) word processing packages
(b) backup applications
(c) applications packages
(d) storage packages
(e) web-based applications
31. Which is a secondary memory device?
(b) Floppy disk
32. Which of the following is possible with open architecture?
(a) A minimum of six new devices to be added to a computer
(b) Hot swapping of devices.
(c) Users to upgrade and add new devices as they come on the market.
(d) All hardware, input and output devices to be located in one efficient box
(e) A minimum of four new devices to be added to a computer.
33. ............. are special visual and sound effects contained in presentation graphics file.
34. Step-by-step instructions that run the computer are
35. The process of writing computer instructions in a programming language is known as
36. Which of the following refers to too much electricity and may cause a voltage surge
37. Rules for exchaning data between computers are called
38. Which of the following is used to write webpages?
39. ........... is the most important/powerful computer in a typical network.
(a) Network client
(c) Network switch
(d) Network station
(e) Network server
40. Raw, unprocessed facts, including text, numbers, images and sounds, are calle