(Paper) RBI Grade 'B' Officer Mains (Phase II) Exam - 2012 "Economic & Social Issues"
RBI Grade “B” officers’ Mains (Descriptive) Exam - 2012
Paper 2: Economic & Social Issues
Questions (Attempt any five)
Q.1 Examine the banking sector reform measures undertaken in India since 1991. Briefly describe the recent changes in RBI’s monetary policy.
Q.2 Two Questions
- What is sustainable development? What should be done to achieve it?
- What is environment management? Explain social and economic aspects of environment management.
Q.3 Two questions
- Do you agree with a view that public sector enterprises have played a strategic role in accelerating economic growth? Explain.
- Explain the importance of service sector and its contribution to employment in India.
Q.4 Two Questions
- Monetary measures have failed to control inflation in India.” Explain. (b) Suggest suitable options for controlling inflation.
- Explain the measures and strategies adopted by India on the following subjects
Q.5 Two Question
- Provision of Social Security
- Foreign Direct Investment.
Q.6 Two questions
- Explain the factors responsible for rapid growth of export over the past decade.
- What changes have taken place in the product composition of exports in recent years.
Q.7 Two Questions
- Religion continues to be an important source of identity for most people in South Asia. Discuss.
- Examine the need of secularism in our country with special reference to constitution of India.
Q.8 Two Questions
- Is creation of smaller states the right solution to improve the quality of governance and check corruption? Discuss.
- Explain the changes in public administration in the age of globalization and liberalization.
Q.9 Two Questions
- Caste factor is most dominant and omnipresent in Indian politics ‘. Discuss the statement with suitable illustration.
- Explain the impact of reservation policy on scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
Q.10 Write notes on any two :