LIC ADO : MODEL QUESTION PAPER - HISTORY - 15
1. What did the term niyoga, with reference to women, stand for in the vedic
(a) Symbolic self-immolation of a widow at the death of her husband.
(b) Cohabitation of a childless widow with her husband’s brother until the birth
of a son.
(c) The vow of celibacy taken by a women of upper class.
(d) The performance of vedic sacrifices by a women independently.
2. Which one of the following vedic texts gives a detailed description of
the Upanayna Samskara ?
(a) Atharva veda
(b) Chandyoga Upanishad
(c) Satapatha Brahmana
(d) Tandyamaha Brahamana
3. Which of the following text contains the famous Gayatri Mantra, addressed
to the solar deity Savitri ?
(a) Brihadaranyaka Upanishad
(b) Rig Veda Samhita
(c) Atharva Veda Samhita
(d) Yajur Veda Samhita
4. Which of the following was not a feature of the later vedic society ?
(a) A monetary economy
(b) Taxes were collected in kind
(c) Increase in sacrifices and rituals
5. Which of the following route was the stop-over of the Indo-European or
Aryans before enetering India ?
(a) Bacteria and the Northern Iranian plateau
(b) Central Europe
(d) None of the above
1. (b) 2. (c) 3. (b) 4. (a) 5. (a)