LIC ADO : MODEL QUESTION PAPER - HISTORY - 20
1. Which of the following statements about the system of taxation and
revenue administration in the Later Vedic period is not correct ?
1. Settled life and stable agriculture led to the production of surplus which
could be collected by the king in form of taxes.
2. An official called Sangrahtri collected the royal share of the produce.
3. The king received regular contributions from the people in the form of bali
4. One-sixth of the produces of the land was payable to the king.
(a) 1 and 3
(b) 2 and 4
(c) 3 and 4
(d) All of the above.
2. Match the List I with List II and select the code given below.
A. Kalpa 1.
B. Siksha 2.
C. Nirukta 3. Ritual
D. Chhanda 4. Metre
(a) 3 2
(b) 3 2
(c) 2 3
(d) 2 3
3. Mahayanist sutra, offering a discourse delivered By Buddha to
Buddhiattavasis best known work and is the most popular in China and Japan. It
is named as
(a) Saddharma Pundarika
4. Ugraditya wrote treatise in sanskrit containing 8,000 shlokas known as
Kalyan Karak. It deals with
(a) Philosophy of Jainism
(b) Emphasises the principle of non-violence
(c) Medicines to be taken by Jains.
(d) The way to Kailvalya.
5. Vagbhatalankara(12th century A. D.) is a popular Jain work which in the
first commentary on sanskrit poetics. The 260 verses are in anushtubh metre. The
work has been composed by
1. (a) 2. (a) 3. (c) 4. (b) 5. (c)