(Paper) RBI Grade 'B' Officer Mains Exam Paper II - 2014 "Economic and Social Issues"
RBI Grade 'B' Officer Mains Exam Paper II - 2014
Economic and Social Issues
1. Explain different indices for measuring economic development. Which measure is most appropriate according to you and why ?
2. “ Deepening challenge of the climate change is the area that requires immediate global attention”. Discuss.
(a) Explain the provisions under MGNREGA.
(b) Examine the challenges of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) with respect to MGNREG Scheme.
4. Examine the inter-relationship of food inflation and rising wages in rural areas of India.
5. Explain the causes of India’s rising sexual crime graph. What measures would you suggest to prevent the same?
6. “Increasing unemployment in India reveals that we are not able to put our demographic dividend to good use”. Discuss.
7. Explain :—
(a) Trends of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India
(b) FDI in Insurance
8. Critically evaluate the J P Nayak committee’s recommendations to dismantle the government’s stakes in nationalized banks.
9. Explain the contribution of service sector in income, employment and export in India.
10. Write notes on any two :—
(a) Malnutrition in India
(b) Use of social media in education : a boon or bane
(c) Problem of child labour in India
(d) Declining sex ratio.