RBI Grade 'B' Officer Mains Exam Paper III - 2011
Finance And Management
(1) Attempt any three questions from Section I and any two questions from Section II.
(2) All questions carry equal marks.
(3) Answers must be brief and to-the-point.
(4) Answers may be written either in English or in Hindi at the candidate’s option. However, all the questions should be answered only in the language so chosen. Answer-books written partly in English and partly in Hindi will not be evaluated.
1. What is meant by merchant banking ? Discuss in detail the various functions performed by merchant bankers.
2. Briefly explain the salient features of the Foreign Exchange Management Act.
3. “ A tax is a burden on the present ; a debt (loan) puts the burden of repayment on future generations.” Explain.
4. Explain in detail the different methods of credit control in India.
5. (a) What is securitization ? What purpose does it serve ?
(b) Discuss the benefits and limitations of securitization.
6. “ Sound organization is an essential prerequisite of efficient management.” Explain.
7. What are the major differences between autocratic, democratic and abdicative styles of leadership ?
8. (a) Explain the terms “ authority ” and “ responsibility ”.
(b) What is delegation of authority ? How can delegation be made effective ?
9. Discuss the role of communication in an organization. What are the barriers to effective communication ?