RBI Grade 'B' Officer Mains Exam Paper III - 2011
Finance And Management
(1) Attempt any three questions from Section I and any two questions from
(2) All questions carry equal marks.
(3) Answers must be brief and
(4) Answers may be written either in English or in Hindi at the
candidate’s option. However, all the questions should be answered only in the
language so chosen. Answer-books written partly in English and partly in Hindi
will not be evaluated.
1. What is meant by merchant banking ? Discuss in detail the various
functions performed by merchant bankers.
2. Briefly explain the salient features of the Foreign Exchange Management
3. “ A tax is a burden on the present ; a debt (loan) puts the burden of
repayment on future generations.” Explain.
4. Explain in detail the different methods of credit control in India.
5. (a) What is securitization ? What purpose does it serve ?
(b) Discuss the benefits and limitations of securitization.
6. “ Sound organization is an essential prerequisite of efficient
7. What are the major differences between autocratic, democratic and
abdicative styles of leadership ?
8. (a) Explain the terms “ authority ” and “ responsibility ”.
(b) What is delegation of authority ? How can delegation be made effective ?
9. Discuss the role of communication in an organization. What are the
barriers to effective communication ?