R.B.I.S.B. (Gr-B-DR-Gen) PY - 2012
PAPER II - Economic and Social Issues
1. (a) Distinguish between economic growth and economic development.
(b) Explain various aspects of economic development incorporating the core
values of development.
2. (a) Explain the linkage between environment and economic development.
(b) Comment on the new theme of Rio+20 conference: ‘Green economy path to
3. (a) ‘Monetary policy is not a panacea for India’s long term economic
(b) Explain the comparative performance of public sector banks, new private
sector banks and foreign banks in India after the introduction of reforms.\
4. (a) What are the factors that influence rural-urban migration?
(b) How does migration affect economic development?
5. (a) Examine the position of women in informal sector.
(b) Why does female labour force participation ratio decline with better
economic conditions in India ?
courstey : RBISB