RBI Recruitment Exams Sample Papers for RO-DPER (Previous Year - 2009: DESCRIPTIVE TYPE ON STATISTICS)
R.B.I.S.B. (Officer in Grade-'B' - DEPR) PY - 2009
PAPER II - DESCRIPTIVE TYPE ON STATISTICS
1. Distinguish between head-count ratio and poverty-gap ratio as measures of poverty. What is the extent of poverty in India ?
2. Bring out the role of the agricultural sector in the current stage of development in India. Is the targeted growth rate for the agricultural sector in the 11th five year plan in India attainable? Give reasons for your answer.
3. Though Special Economic Zones have been successful in the context of China, the policy of establishing such zonesin India is neither feasible nor desirable. Discuss.
4. Bring out, in an appropriate framework, the consequences ofhigh fiscal deficits in an economy. Are you of the opinion that fiscal deficits in India are excessive? Give reasons for your answer."
5. Show that an economy cannot simultaneously have fixed exchange rates, perfect capital mobility and autonomous monetary policy.Bring out, in this context, the effects of increased capital inflows/outflows in an economy like India.
courstey : RBISB