Model Questions for SBI CLERK Exam : GENERAL ENGLISH
Directions: In each sentence below, four words have been printed in bold and
lettered as (a), (b), (c) and (d). One of them may be wrongly spelt or
inappropriate in the context of the sentence or grammatically incorrect.
The letter of that word is the answer. If there is no error of any of the above
types. The answer is (e) i.e. ‘No Error’.
1. India has progressed/(a) remarkably/(b) in exercising/(c) our commitments,
in international affairs/(d). No Error/(e).
2. Imported items are costlier/(a) than there/(b) domestic/(c) counterparts/(d).
3. There is hardly any resemblance/(a) between’ the faces/(b) of the so called
identical/(c) twins/(d). No Error/(e)
4. An exorbitantly/(a) rigid attitude may prove/(b) very dangerous/(c), even
total/(d). No Error/(e)
5. Although/(a) I was paid significantly/(b) low, I found my salary to be
insufficient/(c) or rather adequate/(d). No Error/(e)
1. (c) 2. (b) 3. (e) 4. (a) 5. (c)